I am an American married to a South Indian. I love the delicious food that my mother-in-law makes, but I can never seem to get my hands on any authentic South Indian recipes. This blog is simply a collection of dishes I have learned by watching Ammachi ("grandma") in the kitchen. From the heart of our home to yours, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Egg Kima

Egg Kima (kee-ma) is basically scrambled eggs, South Indian style!  My mother-in-law insists it is a lunch dish, but I think it'd be great for breakfast, too!  


Ingredients
4 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 green chili, diced
1 onion, diced
1" piece of ginger, peeled and diced
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup coconut powder

1.  Heat oil in large nonstick skillet; add mustard seeds.  When seeds start to pop, add onion, chili, ginger, and salt; sauté until lightly browned.  Add beaten eggs and coconut powder; cook, stirring constantly until eggs are cooked through.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment