I am an American married to a South Indian. I love the delicious food that my mother-in-law makes, but I can never seem to get my hands on any authentic South Indian recipes. This blog is simply a collection of dishes I have learned by watching Ammachi ("grandma") in the kitchen. From the heart of our home to yours, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Sweet Lassi

Lassi is a smooth and heavenly yogurt drink!  Great for cooling off the palate after the hot and heavy spices.  


Ingredients
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup cold water
3 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sour cream
2-3 drops vanilla extract

1.  Mix all ingredients together with whisk.  Enjoy!
1 - 2 servings

Variations:
*  Add 4 Tbsp mango juice for a Mango Lassi
*  Omit sugar and vanilla extract for a Plain Lassi.

No comments:

Post a Comment