I am an American married to a South Indian. I love the delicious food that my mother-in-law makes, but I can never seem to get my hands on any authentic South Indian recipes. This blog is simply a collection of dishes I have learned by watching Ammachi ("grandma") in the kitchen. From the heart of our home to yours, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Vada

Vada (wa-da) is a savory fried dumpling made from the Idli batter.  I usually use half of the batter to make Idli and then use the remainder to make this tasty snack.  

Ingredients
Idli batter
2 Tbsp rava
1 green chili, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1" piece of ginger, peeled and diced
1 tsp salt

1.  Mix rava, chili, onion, ginger, and salt into the Idli batter.  Fry by Tbspfuls in hot oil until lightly golden.  Drain on paper towels and enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment