I am an American married to a South Indian. I love the delicious food that my mother-in-law makes, but I can never seem to get my hands on any authentic South Indian recipes. This blog is simply a collection of dishes I have learned by watching Ammachi ("grandma") in the kitchen. From the heart of our home to yours, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Poori

Poori is a small, light, crispy-fried, chapati!  They are easy to make and fun to eat with a variety of your favorite curries and sides!  


Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oil
water
1/4 cup oil

1.  Mix flour, salt, oil, and enough water to make a dough.  Knead for 8-10 minutes.  Roll small amounts of dough into 3" rounds.

2.  Heat oil; fry each round in oil until golden brown on both sides, turning once (fry about 30 seconds on each side).  Drain on paper towels.  Serve hot with your favorite curry!

No comments:

Post a Comment