I am an American married to a South Indian. I love the delicious food that my mother-in-law makes, but I can never seem to get my hands on any authentic South Indian recipes. This blog is simply a collection of dishes I have learned by watching Ammachi ("grandma") in the kitchen. From the heart of our home to yours, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Vegetable Cutlet

This is a tasty snack!  Savory and hearty, it will warm and satisfy.  


Ingredients
2-3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 onion, minced
1 green chili, minced
1" piece of ginger, peeled and minced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs
oil for frying

1.  Boil potatoes until soft;  mash and set aside.

2.  Heat oil; add onion, chili, and ginger.  Saute for 3 mins; add garlic powder and salt.  Add mashed potatoes to onion mixture; stir to mix well.

3.  Form potato mixture into 3" diameter patties.  Coat with egg and then bread crumbs.  Fry in oil until golden on all sides.  Drain on paper towels.  Enjoy hot!

Variations:
*Add minced carrots and/or cauliflower along with onion and chili in second step.

No comments:

Post a Comment